Monday, December 19, 2005

Capitol Hill Needlework Group

We met at Stitch D.C. yesterday, and I do believe that we had our highest attendance of the year with about twelve people. Most of us were working on finishing up Christmas gifts. I worked on my Adean style earflap hat that I am knitting from plain wool yarn dyed with KoolAide. It has a strip of Fair Isle knitting in it, which has re-ignited my love of two-color knitting, and I think that I might do some mittens to match. People worked on socks, scarves, hats and a jacket.

I brought some gingerbread to share, and despite the fact that the center was not fully cooked, it was delicious, and everyone raved.

Last month several of us talked about wanting to knit that fabulous Weekend Getaway Satchel byMarta McCall from the Fall '05 issue of IK. Since then, some of us have slightly scaled back our vision to consider the smaller, yet equally lovely Floral Felted bag designed by Nicky Epstein instead. Marie, who is the proprietress of Stitch D.C. is has ordered the color card for the Nashua Handknits yarn so that we can choose the colors for our bags. I imagine we'll start the knit-along sometime in mid-January.

Stay tuned for updates and pictures as they become available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home